What is Summer Institute?
Summer Institute is a three-day intensive workshop for creative writers, visual artists, musicians, dancers, and theater artists with 2+ years teaching artist experience.
Summer Institute’s training curriculum is based on Community-Word Project’s “creative process” exploration methods, teaching practices, and arts-in-education philosophy developed over 18 years.
- Expand your impact in teaching for social justice
- Deepen your teaching with experiential, inquiry and reflection processes
- Connect with Teaching Artists from around the country
- Explore creative processes and critical thinking
- Investigate techniques for project-based arts integration
- Build new strategies for building a positive classroom culture
- See what the participants were up to in our Summer Institute 2018 here.